We may collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site or through other people when you use services associated with the site.
When you provide personal information to us via the Site you're consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this Policy and the user terms . You are likely to provide personal information when you complete membership registration and buy or provide tips or services on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, write a review, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, we may on occasion also collect information about you from other people (such as the payment provider account details required to process a transaction) and by using tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and other web analytics software or services.
Without your permission, we shall not rent, sell, or disclose personal information about you with third parties, except when necessary to provide services that you have requested or contracted us to perform, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. We may use your personal information in order for us to:
1. operate the Site and provide you with services described on the Site, like to verify your identity when you sign in to our Site, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the Site, to respond to support tickets and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes.
2. customise our services and website, like advertising that may appear on the Site, in order to provide a more personalised experience.
3. update you with operational news and information about our Site and services like to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates.
4. provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you.
5. carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide.
6. monitor activity on the Site, like to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site.
7. manage our relationship with you, like by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey.
8. manage our legal and operational affairs.
9. train VIPTIPSTERS1X2 staff about how to best serve our community; and
We may disclose personal information to people like:
1. subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we may use personal information (as set out above).
2. our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers, etc).
3. regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations.
4. a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase; and
5. other people where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You may request access to other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also request us to close your account and delete your personal information. We may accede to such requests if the personal information is no longer necessary to render in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, and if otherwise there is no compelling reason to continue processing such data. However, we may refuse requests to delete data under the following circumstances:
to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
to comply with a legal obligation or when retention of data is required by official authority;
for purposes required by the public interest; or
the exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can 'opt-out' of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive.
If we send e-mails with commercial content we will generally include an "unsubscribe" facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications - to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our Site you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
At any time, you may request us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email our privacy champion as follows: [email protected]
If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with applicable privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to our privacy champion. We will consider your complaint and contact you to resolve the matter.
We're really glad you made it to the end of the Policy, because knowing this stuff is the best way to understand how your personal information is used and how to best manage it!